Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Simple Pleasures by Rod

Simple pleasures are best ...

I've got a subscription to Sirius satellite radio that allows me to listen to Howard Stern ad ad nauseum, along with an uninterrupted music stream of just about any genre of music I can imagine; I'm a member of Pandora.com where I choose all my songs - hits, new stuff, just about anything.

Transplanted Yankee fan in the middle
of Red Sox Nation? No problem! I'm the owner of a monthly premium MLB.com online subscription that allows me to view 161 Yankees games on my computer monitor. If I get tired of that well, hell, I've got about a thousand digital cable television channels, plus all kinds of movies on demand -- including the overrated steaming cow pie of a picture, "No Country for Old Men." (A waste of a perfectly good Tommy Lee Jones, but I digress.)

Three DVD players, six computers, six televisions, five iPods, lots of multimedia speakers and computer monitors, stereos, radios, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth technology. A house just full of brain-cancer causing micro and radiowaves.


Bogart. That's the ticket. The key to my happiness. I'm watching the same Bogie flick that I've seen about 70 times.

No comments: